The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) released a new “Know Your Rights” poster (dated October 20, 2022) that replaces its prior “EEO is the Law” poster. Any employer with at least 15 employees are required to display this poster in the workplace.
The new poster is two pages, with the first applying to all covered employers and the second detailing requirements for federal contractors and businesses receiving federal financial assistance. In conjunction with the new poster, the EEOC released FAQs, detailing, among other things:
- Employers have a reasonable amount of time to remove old poster sand replace with the new version.
- The poster is available to download from the EEOC’s website.
- The poster is available as a PDF optimized for screen readers for employees with visual challenges.
- The poster is currently available in English and Spanish with other languages to come.
- As always, the poster should be posted in a conspicuous location in the workplace where notices to employees are usually posted (such as a breakroom).
There is a $610 penalty for failing to post.