K&S attorneys Eric Paltell and Susan Bathgate are featured in the July 2013 issue of Data Protection Law and Policy, a monthly journal for data protection professionals. Eric and Susan co-authored an article on recent National Labor Relations Board decisions restricting the use of confidentiality policies in both union and non-union workplaces. The article summarizes the lead NLRB cases that have issued in the past 18 months and recommends a series of “best practices” for employers seeking to place reasonable limits on disclosures of confidential information without running afoul of federal labor law.
- Employer Lawfully Fired Employee for Making Harassment Claim
- Fourth Circuit Affirms Finding that Coal Mine Failed to Accommodate Fears of “Mark of the Beast”
- Appellate Court Rules Employee Can Sue City of Alexandria as Joint Employer Under FMLA
- Maryland Federal Court Rules Exhaustion of Disability Claim Requires More than Checking a Box
- Maryland Sick Leave Bill Has Died, For Now